Now we need to consider the environment. These may include:
- The condition of the floor. Is it slippery, uneven or unstable?
- The lighting conditions. To much or to little light can affect visibility
- Are there any obstruction or trip hazards along the travel route?
- Is there variation in floor levels? Steps, stairs, slopes or ladders all increase the risk of a fall whilst handling a load.
- The temperature and humidity should also be considered as hot humid conditions can cause fatigue.
- Are there any space constraints that may affect good posture? This may be narrow walk ways or low ceiling both of which may affect posture.