Pushing and pulling
If possible, it’s preferable to push a load than pull a load. This is the safer option and it prevents you running yourself over. The equipment used needs to be fit for purpose and well maintained.
- Plan the route to be taken and ensure the equipment is suitable
- The handles should be between waist and shoulder height
- The power should be generated from your legs
- You should travel at walking pace to keep the load under control
- Sloped ground should be covered with caution. Going up a slope will require extra fore to move the load. Going down the slope will require extra force to control the load. This may require assistance from a second person.